Personal Information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details, personal video or image files. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information and the financial information, including thee credit card information of both a personal and corporate account holder.
This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
(a) the following capitalised terms have the following meanings:
1. Non-personal information means information which does not relate to a person and/or cannot be used to identify a person.
2. Personal Information means any information which can be used to identify an individual and described in detail in clause 2.
3. Spam Act means the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
4. We will treat all personal information in accordance with any and all obligations that are binding upon us under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The Privacy Act lays down 13 key principles in relation to the collection and treatment of personal information, which are called the ‘Australian Privacy Principles’,
What is “personal information”?
Personal information held by you may include your:
1. name and date of birth;
2. company ACN or ABN numbers, full name, email address and mobile number for individuals using our platform;
3. residential and business postal addresses, telephone/mobile and email addresses;
4. bank account and/or credit card details for agreed billing purposes;
5. Video, audio and photographic images;
6. your computer connection information; and
7. any information you otherwise share with us.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information held by you may include your:
We may collect Personal Information about you when you use the Platform, register on the platform or interact with us in any way.
Information you provide to us: We collect all information which users voluntarily provide to us through using the platform or interacting with us. This includes information provided:
1. during registration;
2. during correspondence, enquiries, support services or phone calls, or customer surveys; or
3. uploaded to the platform in any way.
The personal information we may collect includes without limitation:
1. basic information such as your first and last name;
2. contact information including email address and phone number;
3. demographic information such as postal code;
4. other relevant information in relation to your use of the platform;
5. geographic location
6. any other information that enables users to be personally identified.
Sensitive information: Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individuals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information. Sensitive information will be used by us only:
1. For the primary purpose for which it was obtained;
2. For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose;
3. With your consent, or where required or authorised by law.
Information we obtain from others: We may also collect or receive personal information from third party sources, such as other users, suppliers, social media or other third-party integrations.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
1. to verify your identity
2. to enable you to access and use our platform, send or receive thanks and interact with users;
3. to operate, protect, improve and optimise our platform, business and our user experience
4. to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders technical notes, updates, security alerts and information requested by you;
5. to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
6. to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and
7. to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the services that you receive.
The information we collect is not distributed, sold or leased to third parties for commercial purposes, except for other purposes when we have your permission or when we are obliged to do so.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about the services offered on our platform. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and Privacy Act. You may opt-out of facilities provided such as unsubscribe links.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
1. our employees and related bodies;
2. third party suppliers and service providers
3 professional advisers, dealers and agents;
4. payment systems (Stripe)
5. our existing and potential agents, business partners or partners;
6. Our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we may conduct via our services;
7. anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
8. specific third-parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
9. other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information. The information that we request will be retained on your device and is not collected by appreci in any way.
The platform does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the platform we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing my Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
CookiesCookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory. This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We may hold you personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, We immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact me so that we will be able to take necessary actions.
Accessing or correcting personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact us section below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request personal information.
If you think that any personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us by going to the contact us section below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
We will consider and respond to all requests in accordance with all applicable laws.
This policy is effective as of 2022-21-10
Data and Account Deletion
In order for an account to be deleted you will need to go to Your Data page. You will need to fill out the short request form and our support team will delete your account from the Appreci database. As soon as this is completed, you will be notified. Alternatively, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like deal with our staff directly. Your information may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax or regulatory reasons or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Making a Complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act or any other relevant privacy law, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the contact us link below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolved the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.